The following documents are required to complete your application to one of the following Saint Joseph's University's online secondary education programs:
- MS in Education - Secondary Education with Online Accelerated Teaching Certification
- Online Accelerated Teaching Certification (no master's)
Most application materials can be uploaded to your online application. If you have any questions, please reach out to your Application Specialist at (610) 660-3400.
Required Application Materials
- Completed application
- Personal Statement/Letter of Intent - A 1-2 page statement summarizing why you wish to pursue this degree and what you hope to gain from your education
- Recommendation for Admission (2) - Should be from a supervisor or other professional reference; contact Program Manager for details.
- Official Transcripts - Required from all schools attended, even if you only earned credit for one course
- You may send official e-transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org
- GPA Explanation - This should be a 300-500 word explanation of why your GPA was lower than 3.0 and how you've since learned to be successful in a graduate program. Required only if GPA below 3.0
- FBI Clearance Results
- TB Test Results
- Criminal History Record Check (Required for PA Residents only)
- Child Abuse History Record Check (Required for PA Residents only)
- Advising Sheet, Disclosures, and Background Clearance Form
- $35 application fee - paid online after student ID has been received.