The MS in Instructional Design and Technology program is no longer accepting new applications.
Time to completion:2 Years
The online Master of Science in Instructional Technology graduate program from Saint Joseph’s University helps you harness the latest technology tools and interactive, multimedia strategies to advance learning and comprehension in an instructional setting. This advanced specialty degree (MS in Education) is built on a curriculum of hands-on practice and experience with the cutting-edge technologies that are used daily in modern classrooms and corporate training environments.
Completion of the master’s degree in instructional design and technology qualifies Saint Joseph’s University students for Instructional Technology Specialist Certification in the state of Pennsylvania with reciprocity in other states. These highly sought after certifications support ongoing career development for education professionals and can help establish career stability.
It is reported that $20 billion was spent on school technology, with more than 50 percent dedicated directly to hardware purchases.1
Around 85 percent of 2015-2016 state-mandated end-of-year summative tests were delivered via an online format, not pencil and paper.2
With classes in multimedia production, instructional design, emerging technologies, alternative instruction and more, the online instructional design and technology master’s program from Saint Joseph’s University arms you with the theory and hands-on experience necessary to aid teachers in their quest to bring technology into the classroom, or to position yourself as a leader in delivering effective adult education and training in the private sector. Moreover, graduates are eligible for Instructional Technology Specialist Certification in the Pennsylvania public school system, a credential that can be the basis for educational certification in many other states as well. Graduates who obtain our instructional design degree enter the workforce armed with the skills and knowledge to prepare them for jobs in education technology, including:
- Advanced knowledge of technology and learning design, especially as it pertains to learning in the classroom and developing teaching strategies
- Understanding of how to use technology to engage students and enable learning
- Ability to help students obtain their own technological acumen by teaching media literacy, computer skills, and other technological knowhow
- Knowledge of curriculum planning that extends to emerging technologies and learning strategies such as game based learning and online learning
- Practice evaluating learning analytics and employing research design in the area of education technology
- Familiarity with learning assistance technology and special management strategies for teaching English language learners, special needs learners, and students with learning disabilities
- Proficiency in interactive software used to create graphics, videos, and other multimedia
Classes are taught by members of Saint Joseph’s distinguished faculty, who bring years of experience in the classroom as well as extensive academic preparation to the program.
A Career-Building Advantage
The online master's in instructional design program from Saint Joseph’s University also includes a graduate internship that can be carried out in your current organization or in a field environment of your choice. This real-world application of the latest technologies will help position you for promotion or give you a professional advantage in your search for these and other high-paying instructional design and technology careers:
- K-12 Teacher
- School Administrator
- Director of Information Technology
- Technology Integration Specialist
- Instructional Designer
- Multimedia Specialist
- School Librarian
- Education Researcher
- Educational Development Specialist
- Education Technology Consultant
The graduate internship positions you for a high-paying instructional design and technology career.
Take a moment to gain more insight on this growing field by visiting St. Joseph’s University’s content resource center where you will find articles and blogs specific to Instructional Design and Technology.
To learn more about the online Master of Science in Instructional Technology from Saint Joseph’s University and what it can do for your career, call (866) 758-7670 to speak with a Program Manager, or you can request more information below, and we’ll reach out to you.