Highly successful career with significant achievements in Healthcare Senior Management and University Administration-Education. Seasoned professional with expertise in health care administration, academic environment, new program development, and the re-defining and re-organizing of existing systems to ensure positive turn around. Resourceful and cost sensitive Executive, with transformational leadership qualities and strength of character/integrity that are mission driven and bear determined focus on results, and which are integrated with genuine human and interpersonal values (building community in shared responsibility). Skilled in general management; specialization in behavioral health and geriatrics; a distinguished record of accomplishments in effective communication/connecting with Board, Management Team and Faculty/Employees. Managed services ranging from Special Needs Children, Adolescent and Young Adults, and Adults to Geriatrics. Committed in-depth to ethical values and principles in addressing critical and sensitive issues; performs well under pressure; and deals effectively with deadlines.
Board Certification by the American College of Healthcare Executives and previous (Association of Behavioral Health Executives and National Association of Geriatric Care Managers; Addiction).
SELECTED CAREER ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- University Administration of Graduate Programs in Health Services (campus and online). Over 25 years of teaching experience.
- Administrator/CEO of Three Specialty Health Care Institutions over eighteen years.
- Achieved Accreditation with Commendation from the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations on two occasions and Deficiency-free Surveys from State Licensing authorities.
- Developed and Implemented Short/Long Term Strategic Plans, Comprehensive Marketing Plans, realistic Business Plans, as well as Public Relations Strategy (which enhanced community image).
- Responsibility for construction (2) and renovation of health facilities (6), both Inpatient and Outpatient.
- Selected & implemented an Integrated Management Information System.
- Designed highly successful workshops for national and regional audiences and established a Wellness/Prevention Program within the Northeast Region.
- Served as Vice-President of Ancillary Services of a Multi-Hospital Health System and with responsibility for ten major Departments and a ten million-dollar budget.
- As Senior Manager of a Community Mental Health Center (affiliated with a Major Teaching Hospital), developed a Comprehensive Treatment System in Addictions.
- Integrated Capstone
- Ethics of Health Care
- Health Care Law
- Health Organization
- Hospital Administration
- International Health