The Instructional Technology Specialist Certification program is no longer accepting new applications.
Time to completion:2 Years
Today's students require educators who understand and know how to use technology in the classroom. Through the Instructional Technology Specialist Certification from Saint Joseph's University, you will be prepared to take on an important and growing role in the K-12 school environment.
The percentage of K-12 classrooms that have adopted mobile technology is 75 percent1.
You only need to take 2 additional courses to earn a master’s in instructional design and technology from SJU.
At Saint Joseph's University, we are committed to maintaining the highest standards in education. Our goal is to prepare top-quality educators capable of serving in instructional design and technology leadership roles in a school, a school district, or a regional educational setting. Taught by expert faculty members, our enriched instructional design curriculum provides solid, scientifically research-based information to our students, equipping them with vital skills that can be directly applied in Teacher, Instructional Coordinator, Instructional Designer, or Instructional Technology Specialist careers.
Graduates of our instructional technology certificate program enter the workforce equipped with in-demand skills and expertise, including:
- Advanced understanding of the role of technology in the classroom
- The tech savvy required to comfortably integrate technology into lectures and coursework and teach technology skills to students
- Expertise in instructional systems design
- Familiarity with learning assistance technology and its role in teaching special needs and English language learners
- Background in education research and instructional design research
- Experience with how to write a research proposal
- Knowledge of how to design a curriculum to include interactive technologies and social media platforms
- Grounding in theories of learning and strategies for creating technological solutions for current problems in education
- Familiarity with interactive software and multimedia production
- Practical experience obtained through an instructional design internship
An online instructional design and technology master’s program is also available and may be earned alone or in conjunction with the Instructional Technology Specialist Certification.
Cutting-edge technologies and interactive, multimedia strategies can drive learning from a young age.
There are many benefits of earning your certification in instructional technology online, such as the ability to:
- Achieve your educational goals while meeting your professional obligations
- Log into class straight from your laptop or home computer
- Take advantage of the ability to connect and work with a vast array of online learners
- Conveniently submit assignments electronically
For more information about how earning the online Instructional Technology Specialist Certification can improve your career options, call us today at (866) 758-7670 or request more information below.