Teaching Certificate Reciprocity & Transfer

Request More Information

To learn more about an online program at Saint Joseph’s University, complete this information request form and a Program Manager will contact you to answer your questions.

I consent to receiving SMS/MMS messages generated by an autodialer from Saint Joseph's University or its representatives at the mobile number I provided. Consent is not required to receive information. Message & data rates may apply. Send STOP to 35254 to unsubscribe. Send HELP to 35254 for help. Click here for Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

Through interstate reciprocity agreements, you can convert your Pennsylvania Instructional I teaching certificate to an analogous teaching certificate in another state, allowing you the option to teach anywhere in the nation.

Reciprocity is not automatic. Contact your specific state's Department of Education to determine what criteria will be required to complete the transfer. Requirements for transfer vary from state to state, but most require:

  • Transcripts from your completed Saint Joseph's University's teacher certification program
  • Proof of your Pennsylvania Instructional I teaching certificate

State Transfer Policies

Below, you will find the transfer policies for each state.

Mid-Atlantic States – Pennsylvania Certification Transfer Policies

Other States – Pennsylvania Certification Transfer Policies:

*Please note: This information is solely provided as an additional resource, and may not represent the most current policies. Please consult directly with your state's Department of Education to learn more about the latest requirements for license transfer.

You may also be interested in