The following documents are required to complete your application to one of the following Saint Joseph's University's online Deaf and Hard of Hearing programs:
- MS in Education - Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing PK-12 Certification
- Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing PK-12 Certification (no master's)
Most application materials can be uploaded to your online application. If you have any questions, please reach out to your Application Specialist at (610) 660-3400.
Required Application Materials
Are you a teacher in the state of Delaware pursuing the alternative route to certification (ARTC)?
- Complete the below items 1-6, this advising sheet in place of item 7, and item 12 (the application fee). Be sure to alert your Program Manager of your ARTC involvement.
- Completed application
- Personal Statement/Letter of Intent - A 1-2 page statement summarizing why you wish to pursue this degree and what you hope to gain from your education
- Recommendation for Admission (2) - Should be from a supervisor or other professional reference; contact Program Manager for details.
- Official Transcripts - Required from all schools attended, even if you only earned credit for one course
- You may send official e-transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org
- GPA Explanation - This should be a 300-500 word explanation of why your GPA was lower than 3.0 and how you've since learned to be successful in a graduate program. Required only if GPA below 3.0
- $35 application fee - paid at the time of application or by clicking here.