At Saint Joseph's University, we welcome international students to our online undergraduate, graduate, and certificate programs. You will receive a degree from a respected, accredited American university, and the geographic and cultural diversity of the online student body will result in a richer learning experience for all.
Admissions Procedures for International Graduate Students
An international applicant is defined as any non-U.S. citizen.
International applicants must submit the following:
- Proof of English proficiency—Students from non-English speaking countries are required to take the TOEFL to verify proficiency in English.
- Official high school or secondary school transcript (marks from the past four years of coursework)
- Official SAT or ACT scores or official TOEFL or IELTS scores (international students who submit SAT or ACT scores will be considered for merit-based scholarships)
- Letter of recommendation from guidance counselor or teacher
- Essay or Personal Statement
International students may enroll in a maximum of three credits of online (distance) education per semester.
Students can enroll in the online graduate program while living in countries outside the U.S.; however, the online program will not qualify a student for a student visa, and international students are unable to qualify for federal financial aid.
If you are an international student with a student visa for an undergraduate program or a traditional master's degree, you will not be able to transfer or extend your current visa to enroll in Saint Joseph's University's online programs while living in the U.S.
Learn more about the requirements and paperwork for international students: call us at (866) 758-7670 to speak to a Program Manager or request information below.