The professors in this program are wonderful. They make themselves available whenever you need...
- Business Intelligence
- Criminal Justice
- Test Flight The Curriculum
- Course Descriptions
- Career Outlook
- CJ - Behavior Analysis
- CJ - Behavior Management
- CJ - Federal Law Enforcement
- CJ - Homeland Security
- CJ - Intelligence & Crime Analysis
- Student Testimonials
- Tools, Tips & Thoughts
- Health Administration
- Instructional Technology
- Organization Development and Leadership
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
- Deaf Education
- Strategic HR Management
- Graduate Certificates
- Instructional Technology Specialist Certification
- Special Education Certification
- PA Hearing Impaired PK-12 Certification
- Accelerated Teaching Certification
- Wilson Reading System® Certification
- Post-Master's Certificate - Behavior Analysis
- OATCERT Candidate Resources
- About SJU
Special Education Careers: Discover How to Have Job Fulfillment
Few career areas are more fulfilling than teaching students with special needs. With a thirst to know more about what you can do – you’ve arrived at the right place. Our guide for working in the special education field provides clear details about gaining the proper expertise to take the next steps in a career centered around helping others.
This “Complete Guide to Working in the Special Education Field” addresses the following aspects of this career field:
- Types of Learning Disabilities (Dyscalculia, Dyslexia, ADHD and more)
- What is the Response to Intervention (RTI) Model?
- IEP vs 504 plans
- In-Demand Special Education Concentrations
- The Wilson Reading System® Certification
- Special Education Teaching Requirements
- Different Career Positions
- Career Outlook
- Best Ways to Get Hired
- Special Education Work Environments – From hospitals to inclusive classrooms
- Organizing a Classroom
- Assistive Technologies
- and more
Our suite of graduate level special education programs includes a dedicated deaf education track, a Master of Science concentration on autism spectrum disorder, as well as our online Master of Science in Special Education. All of our programs thoroughly teach candidates and examine what they need to know about special education students, inside and outside the classroom.
Saint Joseph’s University equips graduates with everything they need to build an enriching classroom and learning environment. And as a result, helping special needs students grow stronger and more confident in their formative years.
This “news you can use” guide presents the career options in the special education field and helps build and solidify that plan for the future.
After downloading this free guide you can request more information on how to advance your career and continue your education with Saint Joseph’s University online.