The professors in this program are wonderful. They make themselves available whenever you need...
- Business Intelligence
- Criminal Justice
- Test Flight The Curriculum
- Course Descriptions
- Career Outlook
- CJ - Behavior Analysis
- CJ - Behavior Management
- CJ - Federal Law Enforcement
- CJ - Homeland Security
- CJ - Intelligence & Crime Analysis
- Student Testimonials
- Tools, Tips & Thoughts
- Health Administration
- Instructional Technology
- Organization Development and Leadership
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
- Deaf Education
- Strategic HR Management
- Graduate Certificates
- Instructional Technology Specialist Certification
- Special Education Certification
- PA Hearing Impaired PK-12 Certification
- Accelerated Teaching Certification
- Wilson Reading System® Certification
- Post-Master's Certificate - Behavior Analysis
- OATCERT Candidate Resources
- About SJU
MS In Business Intelligence & Analytics Tools, Tips & Thoughts
Welcome to the online Master of Science in Business Intelligence & Analytics resource center. Explore trends and gather insight into this growing field. We hope you find this information useful as you embark on your higher education journey.
- The Highest Paying Business Intelligence Jobs in the U.S. for 2016 – and How You can Get One
A career in the field of business intelligence embraces salary, compensation, and career and hiring opportunities. These are the factors that help nearly 70 percent of all employees in the U.S. decide which work company to work for.
- What is Business Intelligence - and why does it matter?
Every time you eat at a restaurant chain, they use it. When you shop at the grocery store, they gather it. When you buy a shirt at your favorite clothing store, they’re collecting it. Even some professional sports teams attribute part of their success to it.
- Is a Career in Big Data the Right Move for You?
Do you have what it takes to succeed in big data? This article can help you decide if a career in big data is right for you.
- What’s More Lucrative — Data Science or Business Intelligence?
Trying to decide between a career in data science and business intelligence? This article explores the monetary side of both careers.
- Master of Science in Business Intelligence & Analytics Curriculum Test Flight
On your quest to familiarize yourself with our online Master of Science in Business Intelligence & Analytics from Saint Joseph’s University, we've developed "Test Flight.” It's an interactive experience that allows you to pilot the curriculum. Throughout your flight, you’ll be presented with BI/BA case studies similar to what you’ll experience as a student. Choose your path and receive feedback from our BI/BA instructors. Are you ready to get started?
- The Key Role Hadoop Plays in Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing
As a mass storage solution, Hadoop offers stunning results. Professionals who have a keen understanding of Hadoop’s unique idiosyncrasies can produce impressive results for nearly any industry.
- Top Mobile Apps for Business Intelligence and Analytics
The BI/BA world of is embracing applications - and with good reason. The mobility, accessibility and ease benefit all stakeholders. If you’re an IT analyst, project manager or supply chain manager, arm yourself with this expertise.
- 10 Unexpected Fields Using Business Intelligence and Analytics
Business Intelligence and Analytics is becoming one of the fastest growing professions in the for-profit, non-profit, government and corporate world. Today, this demand has given rise to the term "Big Data," with most organizations finding themselves sifting through terabytes of data sets and statistics.
- A Place in the Game: Maximizing Your Value of the New BI Space
By Patricia D. Rafferty, Ed. D. [Saint Joseph’s University, Former Director of the Master of Science in Business Intelligence & Analytics Programs] Throughout most of its history, the field of business intelligence has followed its own sort of punctuated equilibrium. These extended periods of stability have been substantively disrupted by dramatic innovation and altered perspective in the field.
- A Practical Application of Business Intelligence and Analytics in College Admissions
How do colleges and universities use the abundance of data available to them in order to achieve institutional objectives and organizational mission? For example, data from a variety of applications and sources, such as geo-demographic and other data, is gathered on prospective students and can be put to use to determine, for example, the future success of students.
- Top Trends in Business Intelligence and Analytics for 2012
The emerging discipline of business intelligence and analytics has its foundation in aggregating, organizing and retrieving the vital data that makes a company run efficiently. It combines the skills of the programmer, software developer, analyst and business forecaster to create new solutions that deliver real-time reporting and analytics to the widest audience possible.
- Alumni Successes
Get a glimpse into the knowledge and skills you can gain with SJU’s online Master of Science in Business Intelligence & Analytics. Read about the BI/BA research our alumni have undertaken in these publications.
Ready to take the next step and speak with a Program Manager? Great! Click here. We’re ready to share how an online Master of Science in Business Intelligence & Analytics from Saint Joseph’s University can be your catalyst for career advancement.