The Nest Login button

Toll Free: (866) 758-7670

Request Info buttonApply Now button

Schedule an Appointment button

SJU Navigation

Inspire them to change the world

Teaching Certificate Reciprocity & Transfer

Convert your online Pennsylvania instructional I to another state's teaching license!

Through interstate reciprocity agreements you can convert your Pennsylvania Instructional I teaching certificate to an analogous teaching certificate in another state, allowing you the option to teach anywhere in the nation.

Reciprocity is not automatic. Contact your specific state's Department of Education to determine what criteria will be required to complete the transfer. Requirements for transfer vary from state to state, but most require:

  • Transcripts from your completed Saint Joseph's University's teacher certification program
  • Proof of your Pennsylvania Instructional I teaching certificate

State Transfer Policies
Some links on this page may require Adobe Acrobat Reader software in order to view them.
Click here for free download.

Below, you will find the transfer policies for each state:
Mid-Atlantic States – Pennsylvania Certification Transfer Policies:

*Please note: This information is solely provided as an additional resource, and may not represent the most current policies. Please contact us us or consult directly with your state's Department of Education to learn more about requirements for license transfer. 

OAT Cert
Inspire them to Change the World