The professors in this program are wonderful. They make themselves available whenever you need...
- MS - Business Intelligence
- MS - Criminal Justice
- MS - Health Administration
- MS - Instructional Technology
- MS - Organization Development and Leadership
- MS - Secondary Education
- MS - Special Education
- Graduate Certificates
- Instructional Technology Specialist Certification
- Special Education Certification
- PA Hearing Impaired K-12 Certification
- Accelerated Teaching Certification
- Wilson Reading System® Certification
- Post-Master's Certificate - Behavior Analysis
- Post-Master's Certificate - Homeland Security
- OATCERT Candidate Resources
- About SJU
Enable Every Child’s Full Potential
The online Master of Science in Special Education is built on the foundation of the Response to Intervention (RTI) program, a research-based strategy for student achievement that is implemented with success on a daily basis in school districts across the country. In addition, most graduates of the online Special Education master’s degree program at Saint Joseph’s University are also eligible to receive Special Education Certification in Pennsylvania and many other states. This combination of advanced training and professional certification makes the online Master of Science in Special Education from Saint Joseph’s University a career-building advantage, with a caring focus on developing students who desperately need the help of expert practitioners.
Click the image for an interactive infographic on teaching students with special needs in your state.
The online Master of Science in Special Education from Saint Joseph’s University features a choice of two specializations tailored to the greatest needs of Special Education students in the modern classroom:
- Autism Specialization – This specialization focuses on proper diagnosis and ongoing lesson delivery across the entire autism spectrum, with emphasis on skill development and behavioral modification. The need has never been greater, with suggested prevalence rates of diagnosis for autism and other developmental disorders increasing 10% to 17% annually*.
- Wilson Reading System® Specialization – Saint Joseph’s University offers one of the only online training programs in the world for the popular Wilson Reading System for students with special needs. Upon completion of this specialization, graduates will receive the Wilson Reading Certification and be prepared to deliver multi-sensory reading education to students in a variety of non-traditional settings.
A variety of stand-alone Special Education certifications are also offered online at Saint Joseph’s University. Master’s students can complement their degree with career-building certifications in the Wilson Reading System or in Special Education for grades PreK-8 or 7-12. All three certifications are available to those not seeking a full master’s degree, as well.
To learn more about the online Master of Science in Special Education from Saint Joseph’s University and what it can do for your career, call (866) 758-7670 to speak with an Admissions Representative right away or request more information.
*Division of Birth Defects, National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; Accessed 6/1/2012 [ http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/autism/data.html]