The professors in this program are wonderful. They make themselves available whenever you need...
- Business Intelligence
- Criminal Justice
- Health Administration
- Instructional Technology
- Organization Development and Leadership
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
- Deaf Education
- Graduate Certificates
- Instructional Technology Specialist Certification
- Special Education Certification
- PA Hearing Impaired K-12 Certification
- Accelerated Teaching Certification
- Wilson Reading System® Certification
- Post-Master's Certificate - Behavior Analysis
- Post-Master's Certificate - Homeland Security
- OATCERT Candidate Resources
- About SJU
Online Special Education Certification
Today, almost every classroom includes a number of students who are dealing with a disability – be it physical, intellectual, emotional, or any combination. As a dedicated educator, you may often find yourself looking for resources that will help you effectively teach these students and help them learn successfully, whether in an inclusive environment or a special-education classroom.
The online Special Education Certification from Saint Joseph’s University is designed for professional teachers who want to develop and refine their ability to meet the demands of students with special educational needs. The convenient online format of this certification program allows working professionals to earn career-building credentials while maintaining other important responsibilities.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of special-education teachers is expected to increase significantly in the next several years with excellent job prospects as many school districts report problems finding adequate numbers of certified special-education teachers*. With an online Special Education Certification from Saint Joseph's University, you can help fill this critical need.
The certification in special education can be earned independently or as part of a Master's degree in Special Education (MS Education with a concentration in Special Education).
The benefits of earning your Special Education Certification online include:
- The convenient online format of the Special Education Certification accommodates nearly any schedule and gives you the freedom to earn your degree and achieve your educational goals while meeting your professional obligations.
- Log into class straight from your laptop or home computer.
- Work comfortably at your own pace.
- Take advantage of the ability to connect and work with a vast array of online learners.
- Conveniently submit assignments electronically.
If you hold a Standard/Level 1 Teaching Certificate and have a passionate commitment to teaching, consider Saint Joseph's University’s Special Education Certification program and take the first step toward influencing minds and affecting a positive change in society.
For more information about the online Special Education Certification program from Saint Joseph’s University and what it can do for your career, call (866) 758-7670 to speak with an admissions representative or request more information.