The professors in this program are wonderful. They make themselves available whenever you need...
- Business Intelligence
- Criminal Justice
- Health Administration
- Instructional Technology
- Organization Development and Leadership
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
- Deaf Education
- Graduate Certificates
- Instructional Technology Specialist Certification
- Special Education Certification
- PA Hearing Impaired PK-12 Certification
- Accelerated Teaching Certification
- Wilson Reading System® Certification
- Post-Master's Certificate - Behavior Analysis
- OATCERT Candidate Resources
- About SJU
Special Education Certification Curriculum
Our Special Education curriculum is designed for general educators who wish to meet the demands of educating students with special needs in a variety of school environments. You will have the ability to apply the skills you have developed immediately in your career.
Prerequisite: Standard/Level 1 certifications in Early Childhood Development and/or Elementary Education and/or Secondary Education
Students will receive their MS in Special Education by completing just 9 more credits.
- SPE 600 Current Issues in Special Education: Theoretical Practice and Procedures
- SPE 608 Families, Schools, and Communities: Communication and Collaboration
- SPE 602 Diagnostic Assessment and Progress Monitoring
- SPE 603 Theory and Instructional Practice: Students with High Incidence Disabilities
- SPE 604 Research-based Models and Procedures: Literacy, Written and Oral Language, and Reading in the Content Areas
- SPE 605 Research-based Models and Procedures: Mathematics and Science Procedures
- SPE 606 Theory and Instructional Practice: Students with Emotional/Social and Behavioral Disorders
- SPE 607 Theory and Instructional Practice: Students with Low Incidence Disabilities
- SPE 638 Inclusive Classroom Practice and Student/Intern Teaching PreK-8
- SPE 639 Inclusive Classroom Practice and Student/Intern Teaching 7-12
To learn more about the online Master of Science in Special Education from Saint Joseph’s University and what it can do for your career, call (866) 758-7670 to speak with an admissions representative, or you can request more information, and we’ll reach out to you.