The professors in this program are wonderful. They make themselves available whenever you need...
- MS - Business Intelligence
- MS - Criminal Justice
- MS - Health Administration
- MS - Instructional Technology
- MS - Organization Development and Leadership
- MS - Secondary Education
- MS - Special Education
- MS - Deaf Education
- Graduate Certificates
- Instructional Technology Specialist Certification
- Special Education Certification
- PA Hearing Impaired K-12 Certification
- Accelerated Teaching Certification
- Wilson Reading System® Certification
- Post-Master's Certificate - Behavior Analysis
- Post-Master's Certificate - Homeland Security
- OATCERT Candidate Resources
- About SJU
Special Education Certification Curriculum
Our Special Education curriculum is designed for general educators who wish to meet the demands of educating students with special needs in a variety of school environments. You will have the ability to apply the skills you have developed immediately in your career.
Prerequisite: Standard/Level 1 certifications in Early Childhood Development and/or Elementary Education and/or Secondary Education
Students will receive their MS in Special Education by completing just 9 more credits.
- SPE 600 Current Issues in Special Education: Theoretical Practice and Procedures*
- SPE 608 Families, Schools, and Communities: Communication and Collaboration*
- SPE 602 Diagnostic Assessment and Progress Monitoring*
- SPE 603 Theory and Instructional Practice: Students with High Incidence Disabilities*
- SPE 604 Research-based Models and Procedures: Literacy, Written and Oral Language, and Reading in the Content Areas*
- SPE 605 Research-based Models and Procedures: Mathematics and Science Procedures*
- SPE 606 Theory and Instructional Practice: Students with Emotional/Social and Behavioral Disorders
- SPE 607 Theory and Instructional Practice: Students with Low Incidence Disabilities*
- SPE 638 Inclusive Classroom Practice and Student/Intern Teaching PreK-8*
- SPE 639 Inclusive Classroom Practice and Student/Intern Teaching 7-12*
*Course requires enrollment in EDU999 with corresponding $100 fee, charged once per enrolled semester.
To learn more about the online Master of Science in Special Education from Saint Joseph’s University and what it can do for your career, call (866) 758-7670 to speak with an admissions representative, or you can request more information, and we’ll reach out to you.