The professors in this program are wonderful. They make themselves available whenever you need...
- Business Intelligence
- Criminal Justice
- Health Administration
- Instructional Technology
- Organization Development and Leadership
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
- Deaf Education
- Graduate Certificates
- Instructional Technology Specialist Certification
- Special Education Certification
- PA Hearing Impaired PK-12 Certification
- Accelerated Teaching Certification
- Wilson Reading System® Certification
- Post-Master's Certificate - Behavior Analysis
- OATCERT Candidate Resources
- About SJU
Become a Leader in Young Adult Education
High school and middle school teachers often play special roles in their students' lives, as coaches, instructors and mentors. It is critically important that they teach not only their curriculum, but also critical thinking skills and good learning habits that will enable students to succeed in higher education and as working adults. They must also help students build important life skills such as responsibility and a sense of self-worth that will enable them to grow as learners.
The online Master of Science in Secondary Education (MSED) and Online Accelerated Teaching Certification program from Saint Joseph’s University is an efficient, convenient and cost effective way to get the skills and credentials you need to accomplish your career goal in educating grades 7-12. Graduates will receive not only a cutting-edge master’s degree built on the latest theories and techniques for young adult education, but completion of the program also qualifies graduates to receive secondary education certification in Pennsylvania, which is recognized by all other states.
Throughout the country, tight state and local budgets are making the market for teaching jobs more competitive than ever before. A specialized master’s degree and dual certification in secondary education can help you stand apart from other educators as you pursue opportunities to teach or assume educational leadership roles in middle and high schools anywhere in America.
Perfect for those who are answering a new career calling to teach or who want to begin their teaching careers with the best possible credentials, the online MSED from Saint Joseph’s University delivers a research-based curriculum in an online format designed to fit into the busy schedules of working adults. With classes in the adolescent psychology, diagnostic assessment, language and culture, and more, the online MSED will help refine classroom delivery skills while preparing you for new educational challenges. Graduates of our M.S. in Education program will enter the workforce having obtained the following skills and learning outcomes:
- Advanced knowledge of teaching modalities which will enable educators to figure out how to motivate students, promote good study skills, and adapt to individual learning styles
- An understanding of how to teach teenagers and young adults, keeping in mind adolescent psychology and the behavioral changes that are taking place amongst students
- Curriculum design experience and hands on practice teaching in a classroom
- Knowledge of how to measure student achievement to gauge learning performance and student satisfaction
- Special teaching skills including an understanding of how to teach English as a second language and how to teach special needs students
- A background in teaching theory and the history of American education that emphasizes current problems in secondary education including graduation rates, educational equity, and issues surrounding school choice and school quality
Take a moment to gain more insight on this growing field by visiting St. Joseph’s University’s content resource center where you will find tools, tips and thoughts specific to Secondary Education.
To learn more about the online Master of Science in Secondary Education and Accelerated Teaching Certification program from Saint Joseph’s University and what it can do for your career, call (866) 758-7670 to speak with an admissions representative, or you can request more information, and we’ll reach out to you.