The professors in this program are wonderful. They make themselves available whenever you need...
- MS - Business Intelligence
- MS - Criminal Justice
- MS - Health Administration
- MS - Instructional Technology
- MS - Organization Development and Leadership
- MS - Secondary Education
- MS - Special Education
- Graduate Certificates
- Instructional Technology Specialist Certification
- Special Education Certification
- PA Hearing Impaired K-12 Certification
- Accelerated Teaching Certification
- Wilson Reading System® Certification
- Post-Master's Certificate - Behavior Analysis
- Post-Master's Certificate - Homeland Security
- OATCERT Candidate Resources
- About SJU
Master’s in Secondary Education Career Outlook
The job market for teachers in America’s middle and high schools is poised to reward those who seek higher education and certifications specific to this critically important segment of the educational spectrum. Competition for jobs at this level of education is currently fierce, making a secondary education certification essential for ongoing career stability or the pursuit of new teaching opportunities. At the same time, government officials predict robust job growth in the education community in the near future. When jobs are again plentiful, those who hold advanced credentials will likely be better positioned to take advantage of the bustling job market and quickly build the educational career of their dreams.
The online Master of Science in Secondary Education from Saint Joseph’s University can make this all possible with its combination of an advanced, researched-based master’s degree and a career-building Accelerated Teaching Certification – both specific to young adult education for grades 7-12.
Strong Job Growth
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics expects employment among America’s middle school teachers to grow by 15% between 2008 and 2018*. That’s faster job growth than the government predicts for most other employment categories. Likewise, the number of available teaching jobs in high schools is expected to grow by 9% during the same period. Together, middle and high schools will add nearly 200,000 new teaching jobs in the next several years, all in an industry known for its security, benefits and intangible rewards.
To learn more about the online Master of Science in Secondary Education and Accelerated Teaching Certification program from Saint Joseph’s University and what it can do for your career, call (866) 758-7670 to speak with an Admissions Representative or request more information.
* Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-2011 Edition. Accessed 9/4/11. http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos318.htm