The professors in this program are wonderful. They make themselves available whenever you need...
- MS - Business Intelligence
- MS - Criminal Justice
- MS - Health Administration
- MS - Instructional Technology
- MS - Organization Development and Leadership
- MS - Secondary Education
- MS - Special Education
- Graduate Certificates
- Instructional Technology Specialist Certification
- Special Education Certification
- PA Hearing Impaired K-12 Certification
- Accelerated Teaching Certification
- Wilson Reading System® Certification
- Post-Master's Certificate - Behavior Analysis
- Post-Master's Certificate - Homeland Security
- OATCERT Candidate Resources
- About SJU
Post-Master's Behavior Analysis Certificate Curriculum
The online curriculum of the Saint Joseph’s University's Post-Master's Behavior Analysis Certificate program explores both the theoretical and methodological foundations of Behavior Analysis to prepare and qualify you to sit for the Board Certified Behavior Analyst Exam. You’ll then have the skills and credentials needed to apply the science of Behavior Analysis in a variety of career fields.
Courses (18 credits)
- CRJ 622 Basic Principles of Behavior Analysis
- CRJ 623 Applied Behavior Analysis
- CRJ 624 Behavior Analysis: Consultation
- CRJ 625 Behavioral Development
- CRJ 626 Clinical Behavior Analysis
- CRJ 657 Ethics in Behavior Analysis
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) has approved courses CRJ 622 through CRJ 657 as meeting the 4th Edition Task List’s coursework requirement for taking the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) Examination. Those taking the BACB examination will need six (6) courses for 18 credits including courses CRJ 622, 623, 624, 625, 626, and 657. Applicants will have to meet additional internship requirements outside of the online program to qualify. Contact us to learn more.
Understanding the Behavior Analyst Certification Board Requirements
The Behavior Analysis Certification Board (BACB) has made changes to their requirements for candidates looking to become Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBA). The 4th Edition Task List will affect students taking the BACB exams starting in 2015.
- Beginning January 2015, the coursework eligibility requirements will increase 45 hours, from 225 hours to 270 hours, and there is now a requirement for a freestanding ethics course for BCBA.
- Beginning January 2015, a new exam will be administered to applicants that apply after September 2014.
- Students that qualify and apply for the BCBA exam under the 3rd Edition Task List can take the old exam through September 2014.
- Students that qualify and apply for the exam by September 2014 under the old requirements, but do not take or fail the old exam, can take the new exam in January 2015.
What Saint Joseph’s University Is Doing To Meet These New Requirements
- Saint Joseph’s University’s pre-approved curriculum already meets the 4th Edition Task List’s coursework requirements and will prepare students to sit for the new BACB exams in 2015.
- To meet the freestanding ethics course requirement for BCBA, Saint Joseph’s University has added the course CRJ 657: Ethics in Behavior Analysis, which became available in the spring 2013 semester.
- CRJ 657: Ethics in Behavior Analysis is a 3-credit hour, 16-week course and will replace the elective course options previously offered to Master’s in Criminal Justice with Behavior Analysis Specialization and Post-Master’s Behavior Analysis Certificate students.
- CRJ 657: Ethics in Behavior Analysis Course Description can be found here.
To learn more about the online Behavior Analysis Certification program at Saint Joseph’s University and what it can mean for your career, call (866) 758-7670 to speak with an admissions representative, or you can request more information.