The professors in this program are wonderful. They make themselves available whenever you need...
- Business Intelligence
- Criminal Justice
- Test Flight The Curriculum
- Course Descriptions
- Career Outlook
- CJ - Behavior Analysis
- CJ - Behavior Management
- CJ - Federal Law Enforcement
- CJ - Homeland Security
- CJ - Intelligence & Crime Analysis
- Student Testimonials
- Tools, Tips & Thoughts
- Health Administration
- Instructional Technology
- Organization Development and Leadership
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
- Deaf Education
- Graduate Certificates
- Instructional Technology Specialist Certification
- Special Education Certification
- PA Hearing Impaired PK-12 Certification
- Accelerated Teaching Certification
- Wilson Reading System® Certification
- Post-Master's Certificate - Behavior Analysis
- OATCERT Candidate Resources
- About SJU
Master's Degree in Criminal Justice: Behavior Analysis Concentration
The online Master's degree in Criminal Justice with a concentration in Behavior Analysis serves those who provide a variety of behavior management services, including individuals trained as behavior specialists, mobile therapists, educational consultants, speech-language pathologists, school counselors, social workers, criminology professionals, and human service professionals.
Application of Behavior Analysis
Behavior analysis has become recognized as the treatment of choice for behavior problems associated with chemical dependency, addiction, mental health, learning disorders, behavioral disorders, anxiety disorders, co-occurring disorders, autism-spectrum disorders, brain injury, co-morbidity, and other disorders. Many people also recognize that applied behavior analysis is capable of producing remarkable results in classroom learning. It has also been applied to programs related to diet, exercise, juvenile delinquency, pre-school behavior, education, organizational structures, and more.
Behavior analytic services are sought regularly across the Criminal Justice industry. Obtaining a behavioral analysis credential will prepare you for many different jobs in criminal justice, including a criminologist, social worker, parole officer, police officer or detective, prosecutor, legal aid, substance abuse counselor, behavioral health counselor, court appointed juvenile advocate, or professional in local, state, or federal government agencies.
Click here to read, “The Benefits of a Well Rounded Behavior Analysis Program Residing Within Criminal Justice Studies”. Learn how to choose a program that fortifies your marketability within this dynamic field – even for those not in the Criminal Justice industry.
MS in Criminal Justice with a Behavior Analysis Concentration
The Behavior Analysis Concentration of the Saint Joseph's University online Master's degree in Criminal Justice gives a foundation of knowledge in:
- Basic Principles of Behavior Analysis in Criminal Justice
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Behavior Analysis Consulting
- Behavioral Development
- Clinical Behavior Analysis
- Basis for Behavior Change
- How to Compile Data for Behavioral Analysis
- Observational Methods
- Working Knowledge of Behavioral Analysis Guidelines
- Behavioral Analysis Ethics
- Behavioral Analysis and Crime Prevention
- The Coursework Requirements to Become a Certified Behavioral Analyst
Students will develop the skills to transfer basic principles of behavior analysis into effective and comprehensive functional behavioral assessments, behavioral interventions, and program evaluation. This progressive and important criminal justice degree program focuses on developing new and innovative investigative approaches and techniques to the solution of crime by studying the offender and his/her behavior and motivation.
Becoming a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) has approved this six (6) course sequence as meeting the coursework requirement for taking the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) Examination. Learn more about the online Behavior Analysis Curriculum and BCBA requirements
Additional Options for Behavior Analysis at SJU Online
- Already have a Master’s degree? Learn about the Post-Master's Behavior Analysis Certificate Curriculum.
- Looking for an undergraduate or certificate level behavior analysis program? Learn about additional options hosted by the College of Professional and Liberal Studies.
You may be eligible to receive Federal Financial Assistance in the form of student loans or grants. Saint Joseph's University Online uses the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to determine award amounts.