The professors in this program are wonderful. They make themselves available whenever you need...
- Business Intelligence
- Criminal Justice
- Test Flight The Curriculum
- Course Descriptions
- Career Outlook
- CJ - Behavior Analysis
- CJ - Behavior Management
- CJ - Federal Law Enforcement
- CJ - Homeland Security
- CJ - Intelligence & Crime Analysis
- Student Testimonials
- Tools, Tips & Thoughts
- Health Administration
- Instructional Technology
- Organization Development and Leadership
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
- Deaf Education
- Graduate Certificates
- Instructional Technology Specialist Certification
- Special Education Certification
- PA Hearing Impaired PK-12 Certification
- Accelerated Teaching Certification
- Wilson Reading System® Certification
- Post-Master's Certificate - Behavior Analysis
- OATCERT Candidate Resources
- About SJU
Online Accelerated Teacher Certification (OATCERT) Program
If you have a strong commitment to teaching but have yet to earn state certification, consider the Online Accelerated Teacher Certification (OATCERT) program from Saint Joseph's University. Join a community of online learners working at an accelerated pace toward a common goal. As a nationally ranked school, your commitment to bettering your career does not have to greatly alter your busy schedule, but can be adapted with our flexible online courses.
The Online Accelerated Teacher Certification program is designed to help working professionals earn their initial secondary (grades 7-12) teaching certificate or a Master's degree in Secondary Education within one of the traditional content areas: Math, Science, English, or Social Studies.
Developed with the educational experience gained from 150 years of shaping minds, Saint Joseph’s University’s unique online teacher certification program provides an educational environment that challenges you to reach your highest intellectual potential.
The OATCERT program accommodates nearly any schedule and gives you the freedom to earn your degree and achieve your educational goals while meeting your professional obligations. The OATCERT Certification only requires 30 credits to complete. You can click here for more details on the curriculum.
Through the online teacher certification program, you can earn your initial teaching certificate in just four online semesters and a semester of supervised teaching. The benefits to earning your teacher certification online include:
- Log into class straight from your laptop or home computer.
- Work comfortably at your own pace. Our expert faculty understand your need for flexibility and are committed to helping you succeed with your career goals.
- Take advantage of the ability to connect and work with a vast array of online learners.
- Conveniently submit assignments electronically.
- The Saint Joseph's Online Accelerated Teacher Certification program produces exemplary graduates with a passion for teaching fueled by a conviction to change lives.
Through the all-online teacher certification program from Saint Joseph’s University, you will equip yourself with the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to excel in teaching. Our program will allow you to develop best practices for teaching strategies for productive classroom management. Learn the importance of inclusive education and how to make a difference while you directly interact with students and peers.
As part of our program, you will gain first-hand experience teaching in a classroom environment of your choice, such as public or private institutions.
In addition to being convenient for you and your busy lifestyle, this certificate program is aligned with the knowledge, skills, and practices related to effective teaching as described in the Pennsylvania Standards for Certification and Professional Development. Graduates earn PA certification and can take advantage of reciprocity programs with 33+ states.
If you hold a Bachelor's degree and have a passionate commitment to teaching, consider Saint Joseph's University’s Online Accelerated Teacher Certification program and take the first step toward earning the initial teaching certification that will allow you to influence minds and affect a positive change in society.